Guidelines for Level 2
SeniorNet Kapiti will continue to operate as much as is practical during Level 2 restrictions. To give clarity to both students and tutors, the following Guidelines have been agreed by the Committee based on the Government Advice at covid19.govt.nz.
Our Guidelines are based on The Learning Centre being treated as a “Workplace” and are therefore premised on the need for 1m social distancing for both students and tutors while attending Courses and Workshops (and any other event held onsite).
Maximum Numbers at The Learning Centre during Level 2
- Any course or workshop which requires students to use fixed workstations (which may include one or two additional mobile desks for student’s own devices) is strictly limited to a total of 12 people – this total number can be split between students and tutors at the discretion of the Lead Tutor
- At all other times, the maximum number of people permitted in The Learning Centre is 20.
- For Workshops, all students must be seated and socially distanced by 1m during the training session itself
- During morning or afternoon tea, students and tutors are required to maintain social distancing. Tutors are responsible for ensuring that this happens
- Any unregistered person who arrives and causes these numbers to be exceeded, will be politely asked to leave (and referred to these Guidelines)
- The Lead Tutor is responsible for ensuring maximum numbers are not exceeded
Registration of Attendees during Level 2
- In order to manage these number restrictions, all Workshops and Courses will require booking through our Booking number 027 169 6256
- All visitors and attendees at the Learning Centre are strongly encouraged to check in with the NZ COVID-19 Tracing App if they have a mobile phone.
- All course/workshop attendees will be registered by an Assistant Tutor on the normal paper register for the session (this will prevent passing pens around as people arrive)
Hygiene at The Learning Centre during Level 2
- Morning and afternoon Tea will be served by a single (Tutor) server in the kitchen.
- Students will be asked to come up to the servery one at a time to be served – this will avoid crowding around the servery area and help to maintain social distancing
- No food will be available
- The Assistant Tutors will clear up and wash any dishes after the session is finished
- All surfaces will be wiped down (by the Tutors) after each session. This includes workstation tops, keyboards, mice, kitchen cupboard handles and kitchen benches
- During courses and workshops, tutors will make every effort not to touch student’s devices and students are requested not to hand over their devices for tutors to perform actions on them
Determining Whether to (continue to) Run Courses and Workshops during Level 2
The imposition of Level 2 Restrictions can occur at any time and may come during the Term when courses have already started. Courses and workshops scheduled may already have bookings from students. The final decision on whether to hold a course/workshop or to continue with one already underway lies with the Lead Tutor
- Regardless of when Level 2 Restrictions are imposed, the Lead Tutor will immediately discuss the practicality of holding (or continuing) the sessions under these Guidelines with the Assistant Tutors and Tutor Coordinator.
- At the discretion of the Lead Tutor attending students may also be consulted
- All aspects of these Guidelines will be discussed and a binding decision whether to start or continue the sessions will be made as quickly as possible
If a running course is to continue during Level 2
- All students currently attending the course will be contacted prior to the next scheduled session and any student uncomfortable about continuing will be offered the option to repeat the course when it is next scheduled under Level 1 (there will be no further cost to them)
If a running course is cancelled during Level 2
- All students currently attending the course will be contacted prior to the next scheduled session and advised of the cancellation. They will be offered the option to repeat the course when it is next scheduled under Level 1 (there will be no further cost to them)
If a scheduled course or workshop is to proceed during Level 2
- All students enrolled to attend a course or workshop will be contacted prior to the commencement of the first session (as per normal procedure).
- Any student uncomfortable about attending will be offered the option of a priority booking on the next scheduled session under Level 1 (if they have already paid, their payment will be transferred to the new session)
If a scheduled course or workshop is cancelled (before it starts) during Level 2
- All students enrolled to attend a course or workshop will be contacted as early as possible.
- Students will be offered the opportunity for priority booking once we are back in Level 1 (if they have already paid, their payment will be transferred to the new session)
Masks and Sanitiser use during Level 2
- SeniorNet will supply hand sanitiser for general use – students and tutors are encouraged to use it regularly
- The wearing of facemasks is not compulsory but may be worn by students or tutors at their own discretion.
- Tutors have received instruction on the proper use of masks which are available in the Office for their use if they wish
- SeniorNet will not supply face masks for students
LockDown Helpdesk during Level 2
- The Lockdown Helpdesk will be reinstated (and promoted to members) as a replacement for the How Do I…? Workshop
Please do not attend any face-to-face SeniorNet activities, Workshops or Courses if you are displaying any symptoms
For more general information and advice about COVID-19, please refer to our COVID-19 webpage here